Find Your Nursing Licensure Guide

Nebraska, NE

eNLC: Yes
Walk-Through: No
Temp License: Yes
Nursys: Yes

BON website

P: (402) 471-4376



Endorsement Application: $123.00

Background Check & Fingerprinting fee: $45.25


Permanent License

Approximately 8-10 weeks upon receipt of all required materials

Temporary License

Approximately 5-7 business days upon receipt of all required materials



  • Renewal cadence: October 31st of each even-numbered year.
  • Renewal fee: $123
  • Required contact hours: You must meet one of the continued competency requirements or waivers listed here.
  • It can take up to a week to process your renewal application. You can check your license status by going to License Lookup and searching for your name, as shown on your license.

Important Things to Know

  • You are encouraged to complete all application requirements within 90 days to avoid the closure of your file. If you do not submit all required documents within 150 days, your application will be destroyed. 
  • If you indicate on your application when you need licensure to be distributed, the BON will do everything they can to try and get your application processed by then. 

Licensure by Endorsement


Permanent License

  1. Complete the application for Licensure by Endorsement, mail it in, and pay the fee. 
  2. Provide evidence of citizenship or lawful presence
  3. Provide documentation of any conviction or discipline records (if applicable).
  4. Provide a background check with fingerprints. Instructions for fingerprinting can be found here, on page 5.
  5. Request verification of licensure via Nursys from your original state of licensure and any other states where you have held a license, active or inactive. If these states do not participate in Nursys, you will need to contact that state’s BON and request verification be sent to the Nebraska BON

Temporary License

  1. Temporary permits are valid for 60 days.
  2. Once all items have been received by the BON except the results of your background check, you may be issued a provisional license as long as you hold a valid license in another state.